STAFF REPORT ISB: Minister of State for IT&T Anusha Rehman attended GSMA Mobile World Congress 2015 in Barcelona to find suitable investors for broadband and two 20-megahertz spectrums.
The four-day conference that gathered together mobile operators from around the world took place at the Fira Gran Via in Barcelona Spain with an objective to unite operators, with several companies in the broader mobile ecosystem.
The participants included internet companies, handset and device makers, software companies, equipment providers, Internet companies and organisations in adjacent industry sectors.
It was a unique opportunity for Pakistan to participate in the conference and find suitable investors to invest in a country, where the broadband penetration is only 3 percent and remaining 97 percent is green field for broadband companies, an official said.
According to the event website, more than 1900 exhibitors from around the world participated in the conference from all over the globe.
Pakistani delegation consisting of Anusha Rehman, PTA Chairman Ismaeel Shah, and Managing Director, Pakistan Software Export Board PSEB Asim Sheharyar were successful in finding suitable investors for the remaining spectrums.
Short Link: http://technologytimes.pk/post.php?id=7500