Organic pesticides are made from naturally occurring substances and here we will cover the preparation, method and precautions. For preparation of 1 litter organic pesticide we use following ingredients.
- About 2 litter water.
- A medium sized pitcher.
- 0.5 kg of Azadirachta indica (Neem) leaves.
- 0.25 kg of Melia azedarach (Bakain) leaves.
- 0.25 kg of Calotropis gigantea (Desi Aak) leaves.
- 0.25 kg of Datura stramonium (Datura) leaves and its fruit.
Method of Preparation:
First of all put a layer of Azadirachta indica leaves at bottom of mud pitcher pot. After it leaves of Melia azedarach, Calotropis gigantea leaves and at the end leaves of Datura stramonium should be placed in layer respectively.
Then add about 2 litters of water in such a way that all leaves should dip in the water. Cover the pitcher pot mouth with polythene paper such a way that it becomes air tight. Place it under sun for 15 days. After fifteen days properly stir it with the help of a stick or iron rod by uncovering it.
Air tight it again for more five days and place it again under sun. About after twenty days, heat the mixture after thoroughly mixing the solution. Heat it until the 1 litter solution volume is achieved.
Finally sieve it with the help of sieve or thin cloth (muslin cloth is the best) and save it for further use. It can be used for many type of insect’s control. At time of application use 1:100 ratios of prepared solution and water respectively.
Most of the insects like aphids, mill bugs, caterpillar etc. can be controlled by this organic paste on all plants. But we have to spray it for three weeks continuously to control insects. It is a laborious work but having minimum affects on environment and on humane or animal health.
- Use hand gloves while preparing solution or paste because the plants like Datura stramonium is very harmful and poisonous in nature.
- Use of mask, glasses, gloves and proper dress during spraying the paste or solution on crops.
- Avoid application of high dose of paste because its allelopathic effect can affect the crop plants. Use only 1:100 ratios of paste and water.
- Keep it in outreach of animals, birds and human beings especially children.
- Storage temperature should never exceed 100 Fahrenheit (°F) and never below the 40 Fahrenheit (°F).
- Use it carefully because it is a poison.