Confer to horrific game “Blue Whale’ another most viral scare story of the year “Momo challenge” on Whatsapp accursed for child suicides and violent attacks.
Warnings about the supposed Momo challenge suggest that children are being encouraged to kill themselves or commit violent acts after receiving messages on WhatsApp to do voilent activities from users with a profile picture of a crooked image of woman with bulging eyes.
Authorities in multiple countries have warned parents of a disturbing challenge called Momo on WhatsApp. In fact, Federal Information Technology (IT) Minister Dr Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui banned a suicidal video game Momo challenge in Pakistan.
National online safety has issued several useful tips to help parents protect their children from momo challenge. These are;
- Tell your child that momo is not a real person and cannot directly harm them.
- Be aware of what your children are doing online.
- Talk regularly with child to feel confident to discuss issues and concerns related to the online world.
- Ensure that you set up parental controls for your device at home. Also, turn off suggested Autoplay on Youtube.
- Report or block material you deem to be inappropriate or harmful as soon as you come across it.
According to some experts the “Momo dispute” is a “moral panic” spread by adults.