Punjab Information Technology Board’s technology incubator Plan9 is now accepting applications for Launchpad 14 in Pakistan.
The Launchpad is a legitimate platform for aspiring startups who have brilliant tech ideas to improve or introduce a service or a product for Pakistan. If you have an idea that is solving a problem leveraging technology and has the potential to make a dent in the market, here is your chance to expedite your way to success. Apply now to avail this opportunity before 3rd November, 2019.
The Launchpad is a flagship event of Plan9 that will take place in three major cities Lahore, Karachi and Islamabad along with Faisalabad, Gujranwala and Multan (dates will be shared on our social mediums).
Startups which are selected in the cohort are given access to these services for six months:
- Free Office Space
- Stipend (20K per person up to 5 for 6 months)
- Networking Opportunities
- Legal Assistance
- Trainings and Workshops
- Zero Equity
Teams from all over Pakistan are called to participate in Launchpad 14. On selection, the team has to re-locate to Lahore for 6 months. Plan9 is an equal opportunity platform. The eligibility criteria is:
- Be a Pakistani national.
- Required age is 18 years or above.
- A brilliant idea and passion.
- Present a mock-up/wire-frame/prototype of the product on the Pitching Day.
- Business idea should be based on any technology domains mentioned below.
- Mandatory attendance from 10am – 6pm for six-month incubation at Plan9.
- Having a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and a qualified Chief Technical Officer (CTO) is mandatory.
- One video of your pitch is essential to be shared (make a pitch video (demo)– upload it on YouTube and share the link). It is the last question and your application form cannot be submitted without it.
Tech Startups Domains
Plan9 is a technology incubator, so it is necessary that your business idea has a tech component. Your startup could be in any domain related to technology such as:
- Consumer Tech (e-commerce)
- EdTech (Education Tech)
- FinTech (Finance Tech)
- Health Tech
- IoT (Internet of Things)
- Artificial Intelligence – AR/VR
- Travel Tech
- Agri Tech
- Creative Online Content
- SaaS (Software as a Service)
- Mobile App
In last few years, Pakistan’s startup industry has expanded immensely. We now see more and more tech startups around us. In thetechnology ecosystem, Pakistan is going to make a mark in the global landscape of innovation. Let’s be a part of bringing technological advancement in Pakistan. Last date to apply is 3rd November, 2019.