The Amazon Future Engineer program has a new $40,000 scholarship portion, aimed at increasing access to computer science education for high school seniors.
The new scholarship opportunity, part of their larger science and engineering educational campaign for children and young adults under their Amazon Future Engineer program, also offers the recipients a guaranteed summer internship with Amazon.
100 students will be selected from the pool of applicants, and the awardees will each receive $10,000 annual scholarships over four years, to pursue computer science at an accredited college or university of their choice.
Applications opened November 4th, and the deadline to apply is 3:00 pm central on January 17, 2020.
Requirements to qualify as an applicant include:
- Be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- Be high school seniors who are currently enrolled in or who have completed an advanced placement computer science course or who have taken an advanced placement computer science test.
- Be planning to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited four-year college or university for the entire upcoming academic year majoring in computer science, software engineering, computer engineering or other computer related field of study.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent).
Payment of Scholarships:
Scholarship America processes scholarship payments on behalf of Amazon Corporate LLC. Payments are made in equal installments in early August and mid-December.
As part of your application, you must upload the following documents:
- Current, complete transcript of grades. Grade reports are not accepted. Unofficial or online transcripts must display student name, school name, grades and credit hours for each course, and term in which each course was taken.
- Copy of the first two pages of the most recently filed IRS Form 1040 used for the Financial Information Page.
- Also as part of your application, one online recommendation form must be submitted on your behalf.
Your application is not considered complete unless all required documents are submitted electronically.