Statistics shows that 90 percent of graduates do not return for a master’s degree program majorly because of finance. Hence, the fully funded Belgium Government scholarship is an opportunity for such graduates to return to school.
Unfortunately, while the Belgium government may be willing to help so many graduates, only a few who are eligible and who apply correctly before the application deadline will be considered. So, this article states in clear terms all eligibility criteria and application procedure alongside its deadline.
About the fully funded Belgium Government Scholarship
The Belgium Government grant is for any international student from any part of the world. Basically, the Belgium Government gives 220 Scholarships to international students every year to enable them to pursue a master’s degree. On the other hand, this scholarship helps the awardees to develop their skills.
Similarly, this Belgium Government grant gives a student the opportunity to pursue a specialized master’s degree program. This program is expected to last for one year or a four to six months Advanced Training Course within a university in Wallonia-Brussels Federation, Belgium.
Eligibility for the Belgium Government master’s scholarship in 2020
The requirements for the fully funded Belgium Government scholarships 2020 are:
- Applicant must be a citizen of a developing country.
- The student must be below 40 years of age for degree programs, and below 45 years for training courses, on or before the training.
- Also, the applicant must have a related academic background in order to apply for a relevant field.
- The student should have good knowledge of English especially in reading the language.
- The duration of the program should be one academic year.
Level/Field of Study
The Belgium Government grant is for any graduate that wishes to pursue a master’s degree program within a Higher Education Institution of the Wallonia-Brussels Federation, Belgium.
Actually, the Belgium Government scholarship in 2020 takes place in Belgium.
Although this scholarship is sponsored by the Belgium Government, it is open to all international students. Hence, students from any developing country who satisfies all the requirements may apply.
List of the master’s degree programs which the fully funded Belgium Government grant covers
- Specialized Master in International and Development Economics
- Master of Specialization in Transfusion Medicine
- Specialized Master’s in Microfinance
- Master of specialization in development, environment, and societies
- Specialized Master in human rights
- Specialized Master’s in aquatic resources management and aquaculture
- Master of specialization in risk and disaster management
- Specialized Master’s in integrated management of health risks in developing countries (GIRISS)
- Master of specialization in integrated production and preservation of natural resources in urban and peri-urban areas
- Specialized Master’s in Public Health Methodology
- Master of Specialization in Public Health Sciences – Research Methods Applied to Global Health
- Specialized Master’s in transport and logistics
- Master’s degree in Science and Environmental Management in Developing Countries
What do the Belgium Government master’s scholarships cover?
The beneficiaries of this scholarship will get the following benefits:
- Successful applicants will be entitled to free international travel with an IATA-approved airline with one round ticket. The applicant must provide receipts for the travel.
- The scholarship will provide a living flat rate for the selected awardees. Basically, this involves 83 €/day for stays lasting 8 to 17 days while 1400 €/month for stays lasting 18 days to 1 month (set amount.)
- Recipients will get 150 € indirect mission fees and it will be at a flat rate. Interestingly, each awardee gets this on arrival though it is once per stay.
- Recipients will receive insurance fees that will paid directly by ARES.
- The awardees will get travel expenses in the framework of their inter-university training. As a proof of fact, recipients must tender receipts to appropriate authorities.
How to apply
Interestingly, this application is not done online. While this may come off as stress to some people who are accustomed to sending applications online, it is important to note that application is totally free. So, simply send your application and other vital documents by post.
For more information, kindly click the button below.