PEC assists in water policy, building code & solar grid stations in Pakistan

Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC) has the ability to act as a think tank for the country by providing guidelines in Water Policy, Construction Industries Regulation, Engineering Education, Building Code and Solar Grid Stations.

PEC assists in water policy, building code & solar grid stations in PakistanChairman PEC Engineer Jawed Salim Qureshi informed during the briefing in 11th meeting of the National Assembly Standing Committee on Science and Technology held under the chairmanship of Member National Assembly Sajid Mehdi in Islamabad that the council could act as a think tank to render the advice on technical matters or projects for federal government.

interesting reading:  Google initiate new features to support Pakistan during Covid-19

He also informed that engineering education in Pakistan was recognized internationally under the Washington Accord of June, 2017, due the efforts of PEC.

He elaborated that Chairman PEC had been elected as Deputy President of Federation of Engineering Institutions of Islamic Countries (FEIIC).

He informed that PEC had instructed all the universities to ensure best quality engineering education which was a mandatory requirement for establishing a university. Otherwise, the university not complying with the requirements will be banned and their students will be shifted to another university.

interesting reading:  Pakistan suitable for EV revolution

97% of the universities in Pakistan have fulfilled the basic requirement and the rest of the 3% are making efforts to meet the standards after such instructions. Similarly, opening of new university in private sectors in the rental or leased building have been banned.

Furthermore, all universities have been instructed to make available an amount of Rs. 25 million as endowment fund and Rs.20 million in Bank account to run the engineering programs.

All universities have been instructed to enroll the new students as per sanction strength fixed for all departments by PEC.

interesting reading:  Damen Shipyards Galati to manufacturing 1st corvette for the Pakistan Navy

PEC is also developing software for registration of the students of the universities through their bio-metric from NADRA. This software would helpful PEC and as well as the engineering students.

The council has also introduced Special and Certification courses for fresh graduate engineers so that they can generate self employment.

PEC has also taken steps to provide them opportunity to fresh graduates for getting the C-II category license for the fresh graduate engineers for self-generating the employment.

PEC has also provided online registration and renewals for Pakistanis Engineers settled globally.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Captcha loading...