There is several news about corona virus outbreak around us, but every news is not bad news. Let’s talk about some good things about corona.
As governments fights the Covid-19 pandemic, TechnologyTimes.pk is fighting an “infodemic” of rumors misinformation and rumors. You can help everyone other by spreading good things about this epidemic. You can also tell us about any doubtful or regarding rumors and “advice” you encounter.
Here are some good things about corona outbreak, as on March 21, 2020.
- Besides coronavirus widespread, there are still 102 countries where no single death is reported.
- Global number of patients who have been recovered from coronavirus disease is 95,834.
- Good things about corona outbreak in Pakistan, it has total 3 cases per million population, whereas, the highest is total 4,715 cases per million population in San Marino are recorded.
- In Pakistan, 13 patients are fully recovered from coronavirus disease.
- Good news from South Korea, where the number of new cases is declining. From the highest number of daily 851 cases on March 03, the South Korea had 147 new cases on March 21.
- Italy has the biggest population of elderly people in Europe, with almost a quarter of people (22 per cent) aged 65 or older. On March 21, the recovery rate in Italy is 55.72 per cent.
- Coronavirus patient’s recovery rate in Iran is 83 per cent, as on March 21. Whereas, death rate is 17 per cent. While, just a month before on February 20, the death ratio was 100 per cent.
- Doctors in China have been successful in treating coronavirus. There are 71,740 patients successfully recovered from coronavirus attack.
- Estimates suggests that 95.6% of people infected with the coronavirus will recover. Some people have no symptoms at all. The overall death rate is about 4.4% (or perhaps even lower), far less than Ebola (90%), MERS (about 34%), or SARS (about 11%).
- China has closed down its last coronavirus emergency hospital, due to not enough new cases to treat.
- A Phase 1 clinical trial evaluating an investigational vaccine designed to protect against coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) has begun at Kaiser Permanente Washington Health Research Institute (KPWHRI) in Seattle.
- Researchers at China’s Academy of Military Medical Sciences have reportedly received approval to launch early-stage clinical trials of a potential coronavirus (Covid-19) vaccine starting this week.
- Japanese-made flu drug favipiravir (also known as Avigan) has been shown to be effective in both reducing the duration of the Covid-19 virus in patients and to have improved the lung conditions of those who received treatment with the drug.
- Chloroquine drug has a long track record in medicine, having been used since the 1940s as an antimalarial. There are some early indications it could work against SARS-CoV-2 infections.
- S. researchers not only developed a simple antibody test for the new coronavirus (Covid-19) but also shared the instructions online for how to make the test so that labs around the world can replicate it.
- Cleveland MetroHealth Medical Center becomes the first hospital that can test Covid-19 samples at its laboratory with results available just after two hours.
- A 103-years-old Chinese grandmother has made a full recovery from Covid-19 after being treated for 6 days in Wuhan, China.
- Plasma from newly recovered patients from Covid-19 can treat others infected by Covid-19.
- Larry Brillian, an epidemiologist who as a young doctor was part of the fight to eradicate smallpox said, “The best case is that the virus mutates and actually dies out.”
- A recent study from China, demonstrated that a small number of kids, especially infants and toddlers, can develop serious infection.
So, it’s not all bad news
The novel coronavirus epidemic is a big challenge that is expected to become bigger in days to come. The best thing is that this virus can’t find you until and unless one doesn’t find itself, by going out from home.
At a time when our people are so politically divided, socially disturbed, we can hope that this threat will bring all of us together. Not only as a human-being but as a nation.