The Galaxy Note 20, Note 20 Plus and rumored Note 20 Ultra could be the best Android phones yet. Here’s what we know so far.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 20, the Galaxy Note 20 Plus and a possible Galaxy Note 20 Ultra are the most anticipated Android phones of the year. And for good reason.
Samsung’s new big-screen phones are expected to deliver more advanced 120Hz displays, improved cameras and blazing fast performance. Plus, we should see several enhancements to Samsung’s hallmark S Pen stylus along with 5G connectivity standard.
- What’s the best Samsung phone you can buy?
- The best phones overall
- Galaxy Note 20 vs. Galaxy Note 20 Ultra: How will they be different?
The Galaxy Note 20 will face stiff competition this fall from the new iPhone 12 lineup, but based on all of the leaks and rumors we’ve seen, Samsung is poised to deliver some of the best big phones yet.
Here’s everything we know about the Samsung Galaxy Note 20, Galaxy Note 20 Plus and Galaxy Note 20 Ultra so far, including the phone’s potential release date, price, specs and features.
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 news (updated June 19)
- High-res pictures, videos and detailed specs of the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra have just leaked courtesy of Ice Universe. It’s by far the most comprehensive information dump we’ve seen of the device yet.
- We have some insight on a potential mid-August release for the Galaxy Note 20, thanks to commentary from Max Weinbach and Ross Young. However, there’s a chance the Note 20 Plus or Ultra model is delayed slightly due to production constraints.
- A hint from prominent Samsung leaker Ice Universe says the Note 20 will employ a flat display, lacking the pronounced curves of its predecessor. Leaked cases, allegedly for the Note 20, back up that claim.
- Two phone leakers say to expect the Galaxy Note 20 and the Galaxy Note 20 Plus/Ultra unveiling on August 5. They would be joined by the Galaxy Fold 2 and other new devices. The phones could ship on August 20, according to a separate leak.
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 rumored specs
|Galaxy Note 20||Galaxy Note 20 Plus/Note 20 Ultra|
|Screen size||6.42 inches (2345 x 1084)||6.87 inches (3096 x 1444)|
|Screen refresh rate||120Hz||120Hz|
|CPU||Snapdragon 865/Exynos 992||Snapdragon 865/Exynos 992|
|Storage||128GB||256 or 512GB|
|Rear cameras||12MP main, 64MP telephoto, 12MP ultrawide, time-of-flight sensor||108MP main, 13MP telephoto, 12MP ultrawide, laser focus sensor|
|Battery size||4,000 mAh – 4,3000 mAh||4,500 mAh – 5,000 mAh|
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 release date
The most recent rumor is that the Galaxy Note 20 and Galaxy Note 20 Plus/Ultra could launch at a Samsung event on August 5. This is according to Ice Universe, which has a pretty reliable track record when it comes to Samsung leaks.
That same August 5 event also could see the release of the Galaxy Fold 2 along with several other Samsung products, including the Galaxy Tab S7 tablet and a 5G version of the Galaxy Z Flip. (Some had expected a new Galaxy Watch at the Note 20 launch event, but a new rumor says that the Galaxy Watch 3 will debut in July.) Regardless of what shows up on August 5, the Galaxy Note 20 lineup figures to be the star of the show.