Aimal Wali Khan, provincial president Awami National Party has told that Quetta Technopark will be established at Quetta Balochistan in collaboration with private and public sector organizations of the country and leading international partners.
He was discussing the proposal in a meeting with Prod M Subhan Qureshi, President Dairy Science Park at his residence in Charsadda. The discussion was also participated by Dr Gohar Ali, Abdul Wali Khan University Mardan, Dr Rahmanullah Gomal University and Engr Irfanul Haq Qureshi MD DSP..
The idea of establishing technopark in Quetta and Mardan and other parts of the country emerged during the visit of delegates of the Fourth International Conferee and Industrial Exhibition on Dairy Science Park visited Konya Teknokent on third day of the conference, under supervision of Dr Mithat Direk.
The delegates, more than fifty from Pakistan including others from various countries, visited Konya Teknokent on 3 November, were excited to know about the achievements made at the Teknokent. Prof Birol, head of the organization was not available on the day of our visit to Teknokent and we were given a presentation by Mr Mehmet.
It was recommended that a TechnoPark will be established at Mardan (TPM), with leading role of Women University Mardan, Dairy Science Park, KP Chamber of Commerce and Industries and SDGs Task Force. Similar TechnoPark will be established at Quetta (TPQ), which has already been agreed by BRSP, BCCI, SMEDA, BU, BUITMS and SBK WU.
Mission of the two TechnoParks will be utilization of indigenous human and natural resources for welfare of the people through academia – industry linkage, with focus on entrepreneurship development and hygienic food production for local consumption and export.
It was recommended that an autonomous TechnoPark, to be registered as Society under Societies’ Registration Act XXI of 1860, will be established at Mardan (TPM) and Swat (TPS), with leading role of Women University Mardan/University of Swat, Dairy Science Park, KP Chamber of Commerce and Industries/SMEDA and Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
Similar TechnoPark will be established at Quetta (TPQ), which has already been agreed by BRSP, BCCI, SMEDA, BU, BUITMS and SBK WU and endorsed by Governor Balochistan.
The Governor Balochistan and other organizations agreed on the concept during a visit of DSP Team, before DSP IV-2017 Konya. An MoU has been signed with Konya Teknokent for establishment of Peshawar Technopark, Mardan-TechnoPark-WUM-Mardan and Quetta-TechnoPark-BU-Quetta.
Konya Teknokent and Dairy Science Park will collaborate in Smart Energy programs, sharing success stories in food processing, quality control and marketing and sharing ARGE activities in Information Technologies, Agricultural Technologies, Biotechnology, Design Technologies, Environment and Energy Technologies and Defense Industries under an MoU DSP-KT signed at Islamabad later on.
Quetta Technopark will be established as a Triple Helix Good Governance Model of Academia-Industry-Government Nexus. Mission of the Park will be “Utilization of indigenous human and natural resources for welfare of the people with focus on entrepreneurship development, Halal/hygienic food production, smart energy, biorisk management, information technology and production of quality-certified products for local consumption and export. Terms of Reference will be as follows:
1. TP will be hosted by Balochistan University Quetta, initially as a project financed by the Endowment Fund of Rs.100 millions. Later on the project will be registered as a Society under Societies’ Registration Act XXI of 1860. A Management Committee comprising representatives of BU, CCI, LDD, HEC and DSP will oversee the administrative, financial, operational and legislative business of the Park.
2. QTP will utilize the existing farming; processing and marketing channels of livestock based food chain for introduction of quality standards and producing hygienic food/developing employment models.
3. Identification and analysis of the barriers in livestock and poultry production, processing, service delivery and marketing in the province, with special focus on small and medium sized facilities through involvement of stakeholders and the international conference series of DSP.
4. To work with District Administration and other relevant authorities to implement the Biorisk Management and pricing mechanism for supporting entrepreneurship.
5. T0 utilize the Endowment Fund mentioned in clause 1, of Rs.100 million to: i) support business incubation; ii) marketing/investment partnership on the basis of Islamic Financing; iii) entrepreneurship development; iv) establishment of AgriMarts; introduction of SMART Energy for domestic and commercial facilities and Telecommunication technologies through Academia-Industry Linkages.
6. To generate funds for similar activities through assistance from national and international donors and corporate partners; to formulate financial rules regulations, more focused on performance audit; vii) to hire essential staff on contract or casual basis.
7. To undertake any developmental, welfare or R&D activity in the interest of producers, consumers, service providers or the society in general.
8. To prepare Balochistan TechnoParks Act in light of the mission, vision, principles, strategic outlines for Endowment Fund developed by Dairy Science Park Society available at DSP Website.
9. QTP will be supported by Dairy Science Park through its panel of experts, corporate partners and development parterres, with special focus on TechnoParks of Turkish Universities and the United Nations who have accepted DSP as SDGAction9671).
10. QTP will be developed as a sustainable development model for academia-industry linkages in the country.
Originally published at Dairy science park