HEC is giving an opportunity to study abroad for free. Applications are open for HEC Overseas Scholarships for MS/MPhil and Ph.D.
If you want to study abroad but you can’t afford it, then you don’t have to worry now. Higher Education Commission (HEC) is giving you a golden opportunity to study abroad for free. Applications are open for HEC Overseas Scholarships for MS/MPhil and Ph.D.
Candidates are welcomed from exceptional Pakistan/AJK nationals for the honor of a Ph.D. and Ms/MPhil scholarships. Ph.D. scholarships are being offered in chosen fields, though Ms/MPhil scholarships are being offered in engineering technology only. Scholarships will be awarded for the spring 2021/Fall 2021 session in HEC recognized high-level universities of advanced foreign countries.
More Details About HEC Overseas Scholarship:
- 1,800 Ph.D. students will be trained in strategically important areas of knowledge identified by focus groups of academic, industrial, and R&D staff.
- These talented students will complete PhDs from world-renowned universities that will serve Pakistan to improve the quality of teaching in institutions.
- Links will be established and strengthened at the organizational, academic, and interpersonal levels.
- Doctoral (Ph.D.) scholarships are awarded in two categories, i) attached and ii) independent, based on the information submitted by the applicant at the time of application submission.
- Eligibility Criteria HEC Overseas Scholarship:
- The candidate must have Pakistani/AJK nationality.
- Any candidate who is applying for a PhD, must have completed Ms/MPhil/Me or equivalent.
- The candidate who is applying for the MPhil scholarship must have done 16 years of education and should be registered with the National Technology Council (NTC) Pakistan.
- At least 1st division in the academic career before the final degree.
- Candidate must have at least 3.0 CGPA out of 4.0 CGPA in the semester system or 1st division in the annual system.
- Candidate must not over 40 years (for full-time regular faculty members of public sector Universities/Colleges and employees of the public sector R and D organizations registered with Pakistan Council for Science and Technology).
- Candidate should not over 35 years (for all others).
- Candidate must have at least 70% marks in a valid HEC Aptitude Test (HAT).
- Candidate must not have any other scholarship.
- Details About HEC Aptitude Test (HAT):
- On 18 October 2020 (temporarily), the Education Testing Council (ETC) of Pakistan will conduct the HEC aptitude test (HAT). Visit ETC’s official website for more information:
Application Process HEC Overseas Scholarship:
- Candidates are required to submit an online application for HEC Overseas Scholarships for MS/MPhil & Ph.D. through the HEC portal by 12 October 2020.
- Original online deposit slip or ATM transfer slip of Rs 500 (non-refundable) as application processing fee in favor of Director General Finance, HEC must be uploaded on HEC e-portal, the fee can be deposited in account number 1742-79001334-01, Habib bank limited, Shalimar recording company branch, Islamabad, Pakistan through any bank.
Originally published at opportunities network