Typhoon Quinta Was Over Coastal Waters Of San Andres, Quezon At 10 P.M. With 125 Kilometer Per Hour Winds & Gusts Of Up To 150 KPH.
Typhoon Quinta (international name Molave) made landfall over Quezon province’s San Andres town late Sunday night, with Tropical Cyclone Wind Signal No. 3 raised over 12 Luzon areas, and Signal 2 raised over Metro Manila and 16 other areas.
According to weather service PAGASA’s bulletin, Quinta was over the coastal waters of San Andres, Quezon at 10 p.m. with 125 kilometer per hour winds and gusts of up to 150 kph.
Signal No. 3 was raised over:
- Camarines Norte,
- Camarines Sur,
- Burias Island,
- the northern and western portions of Sorsogon (Sorsogon City, Castilla, Pilar, Donsol, Magallanes, Casiguran, Juban, Gubat, Prieto Diaz),
- the southern portion of Quezon (Mauban, Sampaloc, Lucban, Candelaria, Dolores, Tiaong, San Antonio, Sariaya, Tayabas City, Lucena City City, Pagbilao, Atimonan, Padre Burgos, Agdangan, Unisan, Plaridel, Gumaca, Pitogo, Macalelon, General Luna, Catanauan, Mulanay, San Francisco, San Andres, San Narciso, Buenavista, Lopez, Guinayangan, Calauag, Tagkawayan, Quezon, Alabat, Perez),
- the southern and eastern portions of Laguna (Paete, Kalayaan, Lumban, Cavinti, Luisiana, Majayjay, Liliw, Rizal, Nagcarlan, San Pablo City, Alaminos, Magdalena, Pagsanjan),
- the northern portion of Romblon (Romblon, San Agustin, San Andres, Calatrava, Corcuera, Banton, Concepcion),
the northern portion of Oriental Mindoro (Bongabong, Bansud, Gloria, Pinamalayan, Socorro, Pola, Naujan, Naujan Lake, Victoria, Calapan City, Baco, San Teodoro, Puerto Galera), and
the northern portion of Occidental Mindoro (Abra de Ilog, Paluan, Mamburao, Santa Cruz, Sablayan) including Lubang Island.
Signal 2 was meanwhile raised over:
- the northern portion of mainland Masbate (Balud, Milagros, Mandaon, Aroroy, Baleno, Masbate City, Mobo, Uson, Dimasalang) including Ticao Island,
- the rest of Sorsogon,
- the rest of Quezon including Polillo Islands,
- the rest of Laguna,
- Metro Manila,
- the southern portion of Bulacan (Norzagaray, Angat, San Rafael, Baliuag, Pulilan, Calumpit, Hagonoy, Paombong, Malolos City, Plaridel, Bustos, San Jose del Monte City, Santa Maria, Pandi, Guiguinto, Balagtas, Bulacan, Bocaue, Meycauayan City, Obando, Marilao),
- the southern portion of Pampanga (Lubao, Sasmuan, Macabebe, Masantol, Minalin, Apalit),
- the rest of Romblon,
- the rest of Oriental Mindoro,
- the rest of Occidental Mindoro,
- the Calamian Islands,
- the extreme northern portion of Antique (Caluya), and
- the western portion of Northern Samar (San Isidro, Victoria, San Jose, Rosario, Lavezares, Allen, Biri, Capul, San Antonio, San Vicente).
Signal 1 was also up over:
- the southern portion of Aurora (Dingalan, San Luis),
- the southern portion of Nueva Ecija (Gabaldon, Laur, Palayan City, General Tinio, Cabanatuan City, Aliaga, Zaragoza, Jaen, San Antonio, Santa Rosa, Peñaranda, Gapan City, San Leonardo, San Isidro, Cabiao),
- the southern portion of Tarlac (La Paz, Tarlac City, San Jose, Concepcion, Capas, Bamban),
- the rest of Bulacan,
- the rest of Pampanga,
- the central and southern portion of Zambales (Iba, Botolan, Cabangan, San Felipe, San Narciso, San Antonio, San Marcelino, Castillejos, Subic, Olongapo City),
- the northern portion of Palawan (El Nido, Taytay) including Cuyo Islands,
- the rest of Masbate,
- the rest of the northern portion of Antique (Laua-An, Barbaza, Tibiao, Culasi, Sebaste, Pandan, Libertad), Aklan, Capiz, the northern portion of Iloilo (Lemery, Sara, San Dionisio, Batad, Estancia, Carles, Balasan),
- the northern portion of Samar (Calbayog City, Matuguinao, Tagapul-An, Santo Nino, Almagro, Santa Margarita, Gandara, San Jose de Buan, Pagsanghan, Tarangnan, San Jorge, Catbalogan City, Jiabong, Motiong, Paranas),
- the northern portion of Eastern Samar (Jipapad, Maslog, Arteche), and
- the rest of Northern Samar.
Quinta could also cause a two to three-meter high storm surge over the coastal areas of Camarines Norte, and the northern coastal areas of Quezon including Polillo Island, and Camarine Sur.
A meter to two-meter high storm surge could also be experienced over the coastal areas of Batangas, Marinduque, Occidental Mindoro, Oriental Mindoro, Romblon, Masbate, Albay, Sorsogon, Northern Samar, Catanduanes, and the remaining coastal areas of Quezon and Camarines Sur.
With Quinta moving westward at 30 kph, the tropical cyclone was expected to be:
- 335 kms west of Calapan City, Oriental Mindoro by Monday evening; and
- 885 kms west of southern Luzon and outside the Philippine Area of Responsibility by Tuesday evening.
This news was originally published at gma network