There are several myths about covid vaccines, that’s why people in general hesitate to get the covid vaccine, whereas, getting vaccines is the only safest way to protect from coronavirus.
There are several myths about covid vaccines, that’s why people in general hesitate to get the covid vaccine, whereas, getting vaccine is the only safest way to protect from coronavirus.
COVID stands for Coronavirus Disease that is a chronic respiratory disease caused by Coronavirus, leads towards severe symptoms and in some cases’ death. It is a global pandemic that spread like a fire in the forest. Although, now vaccination of COVID is available, that can prevent from this fatal disease but there are so many myths about covid vaccines due to which people are hesitant to take the vaccination.
A lot has been said about the protection and success of COVID-19 vaccines. While scientists continue to assess the clinical efficiency of the vaccines, but there are still a lot of misinformation and rumors which increase public hesitancy regarding vaccination because COVID vaccines are saving lives and there shouldn’t be any doubt regarding this.
Myths about Covid vaccines
People are reluctant due to following reasons:
- Majority of the population (females) think that Vaccine causes Infertility, so they are reluctant to take any dose.
- Vaccine (that has messenger RNA) changes the DNA.
- Another persistent rumor is about the harmful chemicals present in the vaccination that it harms.
- Vaccine gives COVID.
- If anybody has had COVID-19, s/he does not need any vaccination.
- One hilarious rumor is that vaccinated people will die within 2 years.
- Since COVID-19 vaccines are experimental, they cannot be trusted.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women shouldn’t get vaccinated.
How to convince people to get vaccination?
Due to above-mentioned rumors, people are not willing to take vaccines and meanwhile COVID-situation is getting worse day by day with every new strain of virus. So it is very important to convince our loved ones to get vaccinated.
There are following logical reasons that can change their minds.
- All vaccines are heavily tested and launched after thousands of trials and about 10,000 public has been tested by vaccines.
- Vaccine does not give COVID in fact, mild symptoms we get that means vaccine is working.
- COVID vaccines do not interact or manipulate with the DNA in any situation. Both messenger RNA and COVID 19 vaccines deliver instructions to our cells to initiate the protection against coronavirus. However, the material does not enter the nucleus of the cell, where DNA is present.
- If anyone has already suffered from COVID, his immunity will not remain for long time, so he should get vaccine. It has been scientifically observed that taking vaccine at proper time makes a person more secured.
- There is no evidence that proves infertility in females because COVID-19 vaccine will not affect fertility. The truth is that the COVID-19 vaccine increases the body system to create copies of the spike protein found on the coronavirus surface. This makes the body’s immune system to combat the virus that has that specific spike protein on it. Moreover, getting COVID-19 can have serious effects on pregnancy.
- It is safe to get vaccines during any stage of pregnancy or while breastfeeding. It is suggested that If you get the vaccine during the third trimester, women could potentially pass protective COVID-19 antibodies to the baby, but it is totally safe to get vaccinated during any stage of pregnancy or while breastfeeding.
These, and many other myths about covid vaccines, are just misleading and has nothing to do with reality.
This article is jointly written by Sehar Jabeen, Dr. Haseeb Anwar, Dr. Humaira Muzzafar, Sonia Liaqat, Zonish Qaiser, Fatima Aslam, Faryal Gohar from Department of Physiology, Government College University Faisalabad