53% business travelers reap perks of mobile technology by booking hotels through smartphones
PR: The digital industry of Pakistan has witnessed advancements because of its different e-commerce ventures catering to online audience. According to 2017 census, Pakistan with a total population of around 207.7 million people and with the millennials in control, is more focused towards adopting non-conventional and modern ways of utilizing technology. With no surprise, the digital economy has emerged as an unstoppable giant growing at 10 percent a year, more than triple the rate of overall global economic growth.
Customers have diverse preferences when it comes to utilizing the services being offered online. It is evident that audience is shifting towards more convenient and hassle-free ways of living. 18% of country’s population has internet access with a potential to reach $1 billion ecommerce industry by 2020, as quoted by government official. Note-worthy brands such as Daraz, Food Panda, Yayvo by TCS and Telemart are a few examples that come to mind when considering the sudden shift in technology if we compare it with the last two decades with ‘brick and mortar’ business approaches. It is estimated that around 17 million new subscribers will be acquired by the year 2020, according to “The Mobile Economy 2017” report. The smartphone utilization in Pakistan alone is to exceed 40 million users in 2017. The introduction of these internet services has led a shift towards increased utilization of online platforms for exchange of ideas, social networking, service utilization and much more!
E-commerce along with business analytics will be amongst the coolest industries with the most wanted jobs in the coming few years. This is what’s in! Not only have we seen a shift in the technological industry that has been having a significant impact in the travel industry but there have been notable changes in the employment rates, partnerships and considerable developments. The increasing internet utilization and smartphone penetration has led towards a change in various industries, considering the hospitality industry. Jovago Pakistan has been giving traditional travel businesses a tough competition because of the value-added services that it is offering to its customers. Being localized yet having real-time customer service is a lethal combination that Jovago possesses. Having people adopting the use of mobile apps and with an easy website interface, Jovago Pakistan is catering towards building better e-commerce platforms and building an efficient digital society in Pakistan.
As per Jovago Hospitality Report 2017, the research shows Pakistanis still prefer their mobile phones when it comes to hotel searches, accounting for 61% of traffic to the website as compared the 39% computer sourced traffic. The trajectory is almost duplicated when it comes to placing actual bookings; 63% of visitors’ book via computers while the remaining 37% click on their smartphones. It is mostly leisure travelers who shift their devices while making their booking. According to recent google trends, 94% of leisure travelers switch between devices as they plan or book a trip and 46% of travelers with smartphones say they make their decision on mobile, but then book on another device. 31% of leisure travelers say they’ve booked travel on a smartphone, while 53% of business travelers say the same.
Needless to mention, the online travel industry has been developing with the involvement of technology. The utilization of latest gadgets have made it easier for e-commerce firms to acquire targeted and potential customers by influencing them through their renowned online platforms, thus enhancing the overall e-commerce industry’s development.https://www.technologytimes.pk/53-business-travelers-reap-perks-of-mobile-technology-by-booking-hotels-through-smartphones/News53,booking,business,hotels,mobile,perks,REAP,Smartphones,Technology,travelersPR: The digital industry of Pakistan has witnessed advancements because of its different e-commerce ventures catering to online audience. According to 2017 census, Pakistan with a total population of around 207.7 million people and with the millennials in control, is more focused towards adopting non-conventional and modern ways of...EditorialEditorial email@example.comEditorTechnology Times