A glimpse on PSEB
December 21st, 2014 | Technology Times | No Comments
Pakistan Software Export Board (PSEB) is an apex government body mandated to promote Pakistans IT Industry in local and international markets. It facilitates the IT industry through a series of projects and programs in infrastructure development, human capital development, company capability development, international marketing, strategy and research, and the promotion of innovation and technologies.
Pakistan is fast becoming the destination of choice for a significant number of international IT/ITeS companies looking to relocate their operations offshore. The ready availability of skilled professionals, an appropriate IT infrastructure, and affordable rates for connectivity result in considerable time and cost-savings for entrepreneurs.
• Pakistans IT industrys global share is estimated at US$2.8 billion.
• A skilled workforce of 110,000 English-speaking IT professionals in the economy, of which 24,000 are engaged in exports.
• Nearly 1500 companies. Two are listed on the Karachi Stock Exchange (KSE), 2 on the National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotations (NASDAQ) and 1 on the Dubai International Financial Exchange (DIFX).
• Nine STPs offering around 700,000 square feet of IT-enabled office space.
• Seven multinational companies have Development Centers in Pakistan.
• 110 ISO 9001, 23 CMMi and 11 ISO 27001 certified companies.
Published in: Volume 05 Issue 48
Short Link: https://www.technologytimes.pk/?p=12537