Organic Wheat in Pakistan
Organic wheat: Pakistan is one of the blessed countries in the world having ample diversity in ecological and environmental aspects.
Diverse environments coupled with varying landscapes provide comparative advantage for cultivation of crops, fruits and vegetables throughout the year. These landscapes provide year round variability in terms of temperature and precipitation. Early vegetables and fruits can also be grown.
Growing wheat organically (without the use of synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, and herbicides) may be better for the environment and your health, but it does not alter the structure of the gluten proteins in the grain. Therefore, all wheat including organic wheat will contain glute.
Organic fertilizers including farmyard, sheep and poultry manures may use for crop production as a substitute of the chemical fertilizers. Poultry manure may use as an organic amendment to restore degraded soils wheat is one of the cereal crops which is most commonly grown in organic farming systems while chemical fertilizers consume a large amount of energy and money.
Key management practices for organic wheat and small grain production:
- Implement crop rotation.
- Bury crop residues with tillage, if possible
- Choose varieties with resistance to disease and insect pests.
- Plant on time (not too early, not too late) in a well-prepared seedbed.
- Harvest on time. Don’t let mature grain stand in the field
- Variety selection
- Soil Fertility
- Weed Management
- Insect Pest Management
Advantages of Organic Wheat
- Prevents Metabolic Disorder
- Prevents Type 2 Diabetes
- Reduce Chronic Inflammation
- Promotes gastrointestinal health in Woman
- Prevents Gall Stone
- Improve Metabolism
- Control Obesity
- Increase Energy
- High Fiber
- Prevent Breast cancer
- Prevents Clone Cancer
- Prevents Childhood Asthma
- Prevents Heart Attack
- Improves Gut Health
- Skin & Eye Health
Disadvantages of Organic Wheat
- Inorganic Wheat has more yield instead of Organic wheat
- Difficult together organic fertilizer for large Area
- No subsidies offered for most organic farmer.
- It require more work to produce good that are ready for sale
- organic farmer have must specified knowledge about localized growing systems
- synthetic chemical use still in organic farming
- Wheat is loaded with Gluten
- Wheat Spikes Blood Sugar Rapidly
- Wheat Contains Substances That “Steal” Nutrients from the Body
- Wheat Consumption is Associated with Several Brain Diseases
- Whole Wheat Drastically Raises Small, Dense LDL Cholesterol